Congregate Meal Program Coordinator:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Congregate Meal Program Coordinator manages the meal program, creating a variety of fun and interesting opportunities for social contact and good nutrition for seniors. The coordinator oversees the planning of events and preparation of well-balanced, affordable meals for our members and the community. The ideal candidate will develop programs that encourage social interaction and group context while also encouraging volunteer and leadership opportunities for seniors. The Meal Program Coordinator is also responsible for promotion and administration of the food program, and creating a warm and friendly atmosphere for participants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing and promoting food programs.
- Planning food events for groups of 50+ people (developing event theme and menu, as well as meal preparation, event set-up and take-down)
- Planning and preparation of nutritious meals according to the Canada Food Guide.
- Facilitation of cooking clubs.
- Developing and monitoring the budget.
- Maintaining and reporting program statistics, and meeting monthly/annual targets.
- Coordinating grocery shopping and laundry.
- Supervision of kitchen volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
The preferred candidate will have a Food Handler’s Certificate, and a minimum of two years’ experience in a food preparation environment.
The ideal candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in planning and facilitating programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated and hardworking, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outgoing, warm and caring.
- Experience working with seniors is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and resume which clearly states how you meet qualifications stated above by Friday January 26, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Interim Executive Director
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.