Career with Us
The St. James-Assiniboia 55+ Centre is often looking for great people to enhance our programs, services, and activities. We hire creative thinkers and community-minded individuals in the areas of:
– Recreation and Leisure
– Social Services
– Contract Instructors (fitness, leisure, and education)
– Community Development and Outreach
– Food preparation
General applications are accepted via email. Otherwise, please view our current opportunities below.
St. James-Assiniboia 55+ Centre Job Opportunity
Recreation and Activities Assistant (Summer Position)
Job Type: Full Time Summer Position (8 Weeks)
Days: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (30 Minute Unpaid Lunch)
Location: St. James – Winnipeg, MB
Posting Date: Friday, May 24th
Closing Date: Friday, June 7th
Starting Date: Monday, July 8th
Wage: $12 an hour.
The St. James‐Assiniboia 55+ Centre is an independently operated, charitable non-profit organization. Our mission is to encourage seniors to improve their quality of life by providing educational, recreational, health and social opportunities. We offer health services, fitness opportunities, recreational events, outings, food and friendship programs, volunteer opportunities, and professional health and wellness services. To learn more about our Centre, please visit our website at www.stjamescentre.com.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Recreation and Activities Assistant is responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination, and facilitation of programs at the St. James‐Assiniboia 55+ Centre. This is a Canada Summer Jobs Funded Position which requires the successful candidate to be between the ages of 15 and 30.
• Assist with the reception desk. Taking registrations, responding to inquiries about the centre, providing tours and talking about what the centre has to offer.
• Assist with centre social media, advertising and website maintenance.
• Assist with centre events, including room setup, decoration, supply runs, etc.
• Assist with centre reports, updating databases
• Research for future programming, grants and funding opportunities.
• Train and supervise volunteers as required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Highly motivated and hardworking, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Outgoing, warm and caring personality
• Experience working with seniors is an asset.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, which clearly states how you meet qualifications stated above by Friday, June 7th at 4:00 p.m. to:
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.